Local Craft Beers Made with Kentucky Proud Products on Tap
||Kentucky Ag News Headlines
Kentucky Ag Connection - 09/29/2022
Crafting Kentucky Proud beers with Kentucky agricultural products is once again the focus of this year's Kentucky Proud Beer Series, Agriculture Commissioner Dr. Ryan Quarles announced.
Each October, Kentucky Proud partners with the Kentucky Guild of Brewers and craft breweries across the state to create exciting, limited release beers made with locally grown ingredients. Now in its seventh year, the Kentucky Proud Beer Series showcases the diversity of Kentucky agriculture through the creativity of the commonwealth's brewers.
"Kentucky's craft brewers will use locally grown products to brew one-of-a-kind beers and bring consumers the diverse flavors from Kentucky's farms," Commissioner Quarles said. "The Kentucky Department of Agriculture (KDA) is pleased to collaborate with the Kentucky Guild of Brewers again on what has become a staple of Kentucky's fall calendar."
"The Guild is excited to once again partner with the KDA to feature new Kentucky Proud beers," said Jessy Harding, Executive Director of the Kentucky Guild of Brewers. "What could be better than local beer made with local ingredients? Nothing, if you ask us. Join us in raising a glass or two of the commonwealth's most innovative industries, craft beer and agriculture."
This year, for the first time, the Kentucky Proud Beer Series will span the entire month of October. This extended period will allow for staggered releases to give the public more chances to taste these locally grown beers. The KDA worked with the Guild to match craft brewers with Kentucky Proud producers to create the limited-release beers. Everything from locally grown grains, honey, butternut squash, paw paws, blackberries, jalapenos, and much more will be infused into these unique beers to create that special fall flavor for the seventh annual series.
Local breweries will release their Kentucky Proud brews to the public starting on Oct. 3. Each participating brewery will give away commemorative Kentucky Proud and Kentucky Guild of Brewers branded koozies to the first 100 customers purchasing its limited release Kentucky Proud beer.
Look for the Kentucky Proud Beer Series logo at participating breweries.
Brewers participating in the 2022 Kentucky Proud Beer Series include:
- Against the Grain, Louisville
- Darkness Brewing, Bellevue
- Alexandria Brewing Company, Alexandria
- Noble Funk Brewing, Louisville
- Falls City Brewing, Louisville
- Monnik Beer Co, Louisville
- Gallant Fox Brewing, Louisville
- Shippingport Brewing Co, Louisville
- Maiden City Brewing Co, Cynthiana
- Country Boy Brewing, Lexington
- Oldham Brewing Company, Prospect
- Pivot Brewing Company, Lexington
- Mirror Twin Brewing, Lexington
- Scout & Scholar Brewing, Bardstown
- Country Boy Brewing, Georgetown
- Rock House Brewing, Lexington
- Sig Luscher Brewery, Frankfort
- West Sixth Brewery, Lexington, Frankfort, Louisville
- Ten20 Craft Brewery, Louisville
- Old Louisville Brewery, Louisville
- Wild Hops Brewery, Louisville
For more information about the 2022 Kentucky Proud Beer Series, go to kyproud.com/beer.
Copyright © 2022 - Farms.com. All Rights Reserved.